30 days pro choice/pro life
| Yesterday evening Mike and I watched a bit of TV. We swear by the show "30 Days" which is a series made by the same guy who did "Super size it" the movie, Morgan Spurlock. 30 days takes one person and puts them in a situation completely opposite from what she/he believes in. "30 days, a six-part FX original series, places an individual in a living environment that is antithetical to their upbringing, beliefs, religion or profession in an effort to examine real societal differences that Americans face everyday."Last night we were catching up on our Tivo list and watched the 30 days where a pro choice woman from Atlanta, who works at a clinic where they offer abortion, went to Long Beach to spend 30 days in a christian "maternity" (so they call it, it's a group home for pregnant women. They also show videos to first comers to promote keeping their baby, but forget to show them anything about child birth!) led by these people who were part of Operation Rescue in the 80's. First of all, I thought it was as usual the "liberal" person goes and lives with the "conservatives" and has to adap to their view, instead of the opposite. But that's beside the point, it's just a detail that I got over fast. What I didn't get over was the way pro-lifers harass people, from getting to these women in front of the abortion clinic (like that's not a hard place to be in the first place for them) to showing pictures of pieces of dead foetuses on Hollywood Blvd. IT made me so sick I almost barfed. These are the same people who claim the decency of our country has gone to shit, the same people who probably like the fact that we can't see a nipple on TV, can't say shit or fuck on TV, or have parental control on the same TV and the internet. Yet they show these extremely disturbing pictures to a wide array of public that includes a lot of kids (Hollywood Blvd in Los Angeles is probably the most famous tourist place). And that's ok with them? How awful are these people? I know I wouldn't want my kids to grow up thinking a boob or a butt is a bad thing to see, I don't see why we want to be so freakin' puritan, it makes for inhibited hypocrite fucks. But I wouldn't want my kids to see pieces of a dead baby out of the blue while walking or driving down the boulevard just because some weirdo feels the need to convert people in the streets!!!!! Just like I wouldn't want them to watch a surgery taking place if it was happening in the middle of Melrose Ave.! If I had seen these pictures when I was 8, I probably would have been very traumatized!!!! It just makes me so angry that these ignorant assholes dare to impose their views aggressively on other people who don't ask them for anything or bother them in any way! Honestly! Why is it that these people have more rights to harass women at the entrance of a clinic than these women themselves trying to just make choices for themselves? They have the same amount of rights, yet have to be accompanied by clinic escorts to get to the door, in order to do something that can't be that easy! The show also brought up a good point about the fact that most people in the US have a middle ground view about it anyway! People who were asked said that they would not get an abortion themselves, but that other people do what they want, it's their choice. Isn't it what a "free world" is about? individual choice? Without being harmed for it? I thought that was why all these people came to America in the first place... wasn't it? for the freedom of choice? and now we're talking about banning abortion in certain states? Which by the way is unecessary seeing that because of all these aggressive movements, the number of pro-life centers have increased by at least double what they were in the 80's whereas the number of abortion clinics have dramatically decreased, so in the end aggression, harrasment, and accusations always wins, huh!? That's definitely NOT what I want to teach my children! Funny to think that it's such a hard thing to do in the US, the land of the "free", and that the first colons tried to escape the old world where it is now possible in certain countried to marry a same sex partner and to have an abortion if that's what you choose! Where did it go the opposite way from where it started here? How many people who escaped and created a new world must be turning in their graves right now? I can't get these images out of my mind. I fear for women who have to go through miscarriages with these images in mind! Seems to me that if I ever saw these jerks protesting with these photos, I would probably be as stupid as they are and start punching. After all why should they be able to throw bombs at clinics in the 80's and still continue to be violent now? I bet in our day and age I would probably be the one accused of doing a bad thing! WHAT CRAPPY SOCIETY ACCEPTS THIS???????????? |

Comments on "30 days pro choice/pro life"
-
Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM, August 25, 2006) :
-
Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM, October 22, 2006) :
-
Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM, October 28, 2006) :
post a commentHmmm...
The possibility that murder is taking place, and all that you can complain about is "Stop showing me what murder looks like?!?"
You sound like a Nazi sympathizer: "Stop showing me what those gas chambers in Auschwitz look like!!" "Stop showing me the massive collection centers of hair and gold teeth at these concentration camps!"
If you can't get these images out of your head, maybe it's because the act that causes a person to freely murder a fetus _should_ make you feel traumatized. Maybe fetuses should not be murdered at all.
Maybe you don't want to admit what a fetus looks like, but if a fetus is not a human being, then it shouldn't traumatize you. But because it has traumatized you, maybe you need to come to terms with your views.
Don't shoot the messenger. You're the one with suffering with the traumatized pictures. Perhaps your conscience is revealing that you are living in cognitive dissodance.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hello ptite mère de kin !!!
Jsuis totalement d'accord avec toi !
Surtout depuis que j'ai vu qu'on refusait l'entrée aux etats unis pour les seropositifs et que la moitié de saméricains pensent que le créationisme est la vérité face au darwinisme !!!
Franchement, WHAT CRAPPY SOCIETY IS THAT !!!!
Si tu as un moment pour aller voir mon premier court métrage (bon il date quand meme de 2004 mais bon )
www.myspace.com/laurentfour
des bizzzz d'un ancien de kin qui a toujours choisi le côté des femmes !!!
laurent