• Sign up to receive new posts through email...
    Enter your address here:



    No spam, just new posts!!

    CURRENT MOON
    moon info

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Monday, November 14, 2005

World war I family photos

I've spent some time now scanning a lot of photos I was given by my mother who had found them in my grand mother's house after she passed, and who herself had found them in her own mother's house after she passed.... That's why I looooove photos, because not only it helps remembering things we forget, but it's also fascinating for later generations to see those!

My great great grand father in World war I with other soldiers. He's the one all the way to the right, sitting on a sort of barrel:


The same great great grand father in the famous tranchées... they probably cleaned up before taking the picture, or it was brand new ones... We all know how awful that war was because of these...:


I LOVE old photos... This one is so representative of photo of of the begining of the past century... hmmm. Taken in 1917 I think, my great great grand parents and my great grand mother is the young girl, older child:


1939, my grand mother on the right, her sister on the left, some unknown person in the middle:


My grand parents and my mother around 1952 in Tunis, Tunisia. They lived in Kairouan, Tunisia for a few years before moving to Reunion Island:


Then they did move to Reunion Island, and this is taken in a little tiny village called Hellbourg in 1955. My grand father was a teacher, here with his class, and my mother running around in the shot:

Comments on "World war I family photos"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:37 PM, November 15, 2005) : 

ah evil dirty WW1, I lost a lot of family there. Some of them died on the fighting fields near Verdun, My grand-grandfather died in a dirty prison from severe asthma because he refused to take service.

For the Belgians, WW1 has always been the worst war and we still hear about that. It's as if WW2 never happened.

My mother has lived in Congo during her youth, as my grandfather was a latin/french teacher, much like your grandfather.

ps> the music sounds nice tranquile! I write for the gonzocircus.com zine, so feel free to get in touch and send me promo's/mp3's to get it reviewed.

bassleer at yahoo.co.uk
gr,
Seb

 

post a comment