Follow up on the thread from yesterday
| Spikecandy, Please don't take my heated comments as being solely directed at you! Your comments were smart and from a very interested point of view which I truly appreciate!!! My replies were not completely directed AT you, and that is why I made it into a post instead of continuing on the comments section. Your comments have only STARTED a discussion, and my complaints were mainly directed at the american ignorance I encounter everyday whether it is direct or indirect. I completely understand that you are in Australia and that there must be its share of ignorance there too, just as anywhere, really. But please please please don't think I singled you out. I just merely started a "thread" of dicussion based on your initial comments not because it was offensive, but because it was sincere! I understand that your comments were written fast, and I apologize myself for being a little too sarcastic in writing, which as I'm not a writer might not come out that way in reading it! You, yourself have mentioned that you were not understood through what you wrote in this discussion, then as a person who says I should have not jumped at you (per your latest post on your blog), you can understand that what happened in our discussion was more similar than not. There is no animosity against you in any way. Again, I just wanted to start a discussion out in the open because it is an interesting one, and because for once there was a sincere intelligent person from another country than here making a comment on my blog! And I'm proud of it! I did not mean to seem like I was jumping at you, I was jumping at the all ignorants saying that the riots stem from racism, which is too fast and too convenient to say without really looking into it. But truly not jumping at you! Again, your comments just STARTED a discussion, and therefore, my train of thoughts made it to the ignorance of people here (mostly). Don't take that personally! And please, read the post again, if anything to see that I do add "american" a lot of the time!!! Then again, this is blog is mostly about my life as a musician, but somehow it has turned into a blog about my political ideals and principles as a french resident alien in the US. hahahaha Spikecandy, I hope you're ok, I really didn't mean to offend you, and I'm sure you can make out what was a reply to you and what was not. After all, if I said that you weren't very diplomatic in telling a french that it didn't matter if her culture disappeared, it wasn't very serious, it was intended to be read with a smirk, because I knew you certainly didn't mean that since your blog is mainly about that particular culture! I should have made a clear seperation between my "serious" comments and my more sarcastic replies to you. For that I apologize! See? I do read your blog!!!! :-} Thank you for continuing to discuss it though, I do appreciate your comments, you are a very articulate writer and I recommend your blog to everybody I can who is interested in that phase of french culture! spikecandy's web site Please accept my apologies, and I hope you feel better soon! Thanks, Jean for reading this as well! |

Comments on "Follow up on the thread from yesterday"
-
Anonymous said ... (9:29 PM, November 11, 2005) :
post a commentThank you kindly for your apology. I too apologise - for misunderstanding you. I did not know you were being sarcastic about that one comment. I guess sometimes there's no way to tell. I didn't think the other comments were toward me, but it was that first comment coupled with the fact that it seemed to start off a whole tangent of anger, and I thought the punching bag included me.
xo Christine
PS I like the kitties