• Sign up to receive new posts through email...
    Enter your address here:



    No spam, just new posts!!

    CURRENT MOON
    moon info

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Carbon offsets


I got obsessed today with finding out about carbon offsets.

SO, I decided to sign up with better world club
which is pretty much AAA but green with advantages like carbon offsets for your car and a percentage of their memberships that goes to alternative power companie etc...

Then I had to find out about the guilt of traveling as frequently as we do (even if we only flew once a year i would feel the same!), and what to do about it. Well until they find an alternative fuel for planes, I won't have a choice, I do want to see my family!
So, we can also offset flights, there a several places, including the better world club travel agency, but there is also sustainable international travel, which will give the donations to WWF projects like reforestations and such.

I thought Terrapass was also pretty well done, and we will sign up with them very soon. I am very proud that without being able to afford a hybrid we can still manage not to drive so much (we're very lucky!), so we actually only need the equivalent of a hybrid average driver offset... Reassuring!

So now I feel a little better about the fact that the kids in Somalia who are starving will at least be able to have one breath more thanks to my husband and my tiny efforts this week!
It's like voting, one vote makes a difference! Although that's another subject in the US... Ok, another day!
;-)

Comments on "Carbon offsets"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 PM, April 17, 2006) : 

Hey! I use Better World too! :)

Bienvenue a Los Angeles, dix ans plus tard --

 

post a comment