Following previous post
| Mike sent me this link to the wikipedia article about the US government. Very interesting, and I should have thought about wikipedia, since I'm sort of obsessed with it, but hey... Here's what I get from it as far as impeachment is concerned: "The President may veto legislation passed by Congress; he may be impeached by a majority in the House and removed from office by a two-thirds majority in the Senate for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."" "Impeachment in the United States at the federal level can apply only to those accused of "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" "In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation." "Traitor may also mean a person who betrays their own party, group, family, and friends." --> So the spying without warrants could be considered a betrayal of the population, hence his group, and Nation? Or am I blind? "Bribery is a crime defined by Black's Law Dictionary as the offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting of any item of value to influence the actions as an official or other person in discharge of a public or legal duty." --> Sometimes I think Nader was the receiver of a giving of some sort... but that's among other things of course. ""High" in the legal parlance of the 18th century means "against the State". A high crime is one which seeks the overthrow of the country, which gives aid or comfort to its enemies, or which injures the country to the profit of an individual or group. In democracies and similar societies it also includes crimes which attempt to alter the outcome of elections." --> So the way Gore lost and the way Bush was reelected would without a doubt fall into that category! Or am I blind again? ""High" in the legal parlance of the 18th century means "against the State". A high crime is one which seeks the overthrow of the country, which gives aid or comfort to its enemies, or which injures the country to the profit of an individual or group. In democracies and similar societies it also includes crimes which attempt to alter the outcome of elections." --> Where is what Clinton did affecting our Nation, our government and our any of our liberties and rights? What I gather from all this, is that the terms in which a president is impeached are treason, bribery, and high crimes... They had Clinton under one of these terms (unjustifiably in my opinion and a lot of others' opinions!) but the fact that Bush can be equated with all three doesn't make anybody in congress move a finger? Is that REALLY possible? |

Comments on "Following previous post"
post a comment